Continue to invest in infrastructure improvements that promote redevelopment and improve sustainability:
1. Advocate for affordable rapid transit (such as the Blue Line) but also explore interim strategies, such as shuttle service and more frequent service on the commuter rail using diesel multiple units (DMUs).
2. Remediate brownfields and explore state and federal resources to assist with this.
3. Work with the private sector and state agencies to modernize vacant or underutilized properties up to code, helping to reduce retrofit costs and other barriers to redevelopment.
4. Improve connections between Downtown Lynn and public amenities along the Waterfront, such as the Seaport Landing Marina and Commuter Ferry.
5. Consider “green” infrastructure updates along with other public works and streetscape improvements.